Learn The Story Of Alderbrook Resort
Alderbrook Resort & Spa has been a destination for gatherings since 1913. We offer seasonal, Northwest fare through thoughtfully-sourced partners and inspired service.
In 1913, there were no roads in existance leading to the resort, so guests arrived by canoe. Twelve years later, the business was sold to Clara Eastwood and Eloise Flagg, known affectionately as the “Alderbrook Girls.” The accommodations? Think tent frames with orange and black striped canvas sides. Wood stoves. A place where guests put their butter and milk into the creek to keep them cold.
After World War II, the Alderbrook Girls sold the resort to the Schafer Logging and Lumber Company. Twenty-one new cottages were built. For the next fifty-plus years, Alderbrook changed hands a few times, including a brief stint as a Christian conference center. In 2001, it was bought by North Forty Lodging.
The Alderbrook Girls would be amazed by the resort today. Virtually everything onsite has been redesigned and rebuilt. The cottages and lodge have been remodeled. Beautifully refurbished, the indoor canal-front swimming pool and whirlpool provide visitors with endless enjoyment. Gorgeous landscaping design includes a revitalized stream for salmon habitat with resting pools that run throughout the property.
Luxury aside, Alderbrook Resort & Spa continues to personify the Northwest. The smell of cedar lingers in the air while eagles soar overhead. Sitting on the shore, you can easily imagine someone pulling a milk bottle from the water and almost savor the long sweet taste of ice-cold milk on a summer afternoon.