Alderbrook Resort & Spa will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or email address (“personal data”) through our websites unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise: we may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services; we (or a fulfillment house or other third party on our behalf in connection with a promotion) may use that information to contact you; and/or we may provide other third parties with aggregate – but not individual – information about visitors to or users of our sites. We do not now or ever intend to sell, rent or market personal data about you to third parties.
Additional Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect technical information when you connect to our site that is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site.
Information Placed Automatically on Your Computer — Cookies
When you view one of our websites, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “Cookie” or similar file and can help us in many ways. For example, Cookies allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
Alderbrook Resort & Spa Contest Rules and Restrictions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN AND MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. The Alderbrook Resort & Spa Contest (the “Contest”) is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is sponsored by Alderbrook Resort & Spa (the “Sponsor”).
2. Methods of Entry/Entry Ownership. Visit Alderbrook Resort’s Facebook webpage at https://www.facebook.com/AlderbrookResortAndSpa to enter contest. Alderbrook Resort & Spa respects your rights and does not claim ownership or copyright for works you submit to this contest, you will retain full ownership and copyright for your entry. You grant Alderbrook Resort & Spa permission to use the post on Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor and our website with proper credit. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook.
3. Identity of Entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, entries will have been deemed to have been submitted by the e-mail account holder from which such entry was received. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the internet access or online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Any issues or disputes regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of an entrant shall be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. Entry Ownership/Entrant Agreements. All entries have an equal chance of winning. By entering, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event shall such damages include attorneys’ fees; (c) that under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) any actual or perceived ambiguities in these rules shall be interpreted by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No entrant shall claim or receive any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased.
5. Eligible Participants. The Contest is only open to residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on their entry date. The Contest is not open to employees of Sponsor, their immediate family, or any person domiciled with such employees. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, request an affidavit from winners, to confirm that they meet all eligibility criteria.
6. Voting/Prizes/Voting. The posts selected by Alderbrook Resort & Spa (that also followed these Official Rules as judged by Alderbrook Resort & Spa) will win an experience described in the post. No cash or other substitutions will be offered. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winners will be notified via direct message and will receive the prize either in person or via mail to the address of the e-mail account holder from which such entry was received.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Limitation of Liability. The Sponsor reserves the right to edit the posts. Participants agree to release the Sponsor from any liability resulting or arising out of the submission of the posts. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind including but not limited to malfunction of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with the sender or with Sponsor, or for any human error, lost or delayed electronic data transmission, or for any other error or malfunction which results in an entry not being received by Sponsor or in a garbled or otherwise unintelligible entry being received by Sponsor. By participating in the Contest the winner agrees that Sponsor will have no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damage of any kind resulting or arising from the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize and further agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its agents and representatives, from any losses, damages, claims, and/or liabilities arising in connection therewith. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name in any media for commercial or promotional purposes without limitation or further compensation.
9. Sponsor Modification/Cancellation Rights. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time without notice in the event it determines such action to be necessary. Sponsor may disqualify from the Contest any person it determines, to have attempted to or actually tampered or otherwise abused any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any images which it deems inappropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. Choice of Law and Venue. Winner agrees that any disputes that may arise in connection with this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington.