The Spirit of the Holidays Comes to Life at Alderbrook Resort
What: ‘Tis the season to celebrate with the whole family on the beautiful Hood Canal as Alderbrook Resort & Spa (www.alderbrookresort.com) transforms into a winter wonderland, complete with a variety of festive activities for guests and local community members alike. Located just two hours west of Seattle and north of Portland, Alderbrook offers something for everyone, whether it’s a relaxing weekend getaway for couples or friends, or the opportunity to explore and reconnect with the entire family.
- Cocoa Cruises with Santa (Saturday, Nov. 26; 1 – 3 p.m. / Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 27 – Dec. 18; 1 – 2:30 p.m.)
- The Lady Alderbrook, the resort’s private yacht, will sail through the Hood Canal every Saturday and Sunday until Dec. 18 for festive cruises with Santa. Join the jolly man himself for cocoa and cookies and listen as he reads some of his favorite holiday stories. The cruise boards at 12:30 p.m. and is open to both hotel and non-hotel guests. Tickets are $20 per adult, $15 per senior 55 and over and $10 per child 10 and under. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended and can be made here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2552799
- Photos with Santa (Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 26 – Dec. 18; 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Bring the whole family to visit Santa Claus in the Resort’s lobby every Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 18. Smile for classic holiday photos and share your wish list with the man in the red suit before he returns to the North Pole. Photos are complimentary for hotel guests and community members and are printed onsite to enjoy immediately.
- Christmas Brunch (Dec. 25; 8 – 3 p.m.)
- Enjoy a delicious Christmas brunch with the whole family – with none of the stress or mess! Alderbrook’s talented culinary team will treat guests to classics like Eggs Benedict, Banana Bread French Toast, Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel, and Prime Rib, along with locally sourced seafood dishes like Planked Steelhead, Oysters, and Steamed Clams. Reservations are required and are $49 for adults, $16 for children and includes non-alcoholic beverages. Guests can call The Restaurant at 360.898.5500 to reserve their unforgettable holiday dining experience.
- Bootlegger’s Hood Canal Whiskey Haul with OOLA Distillery (Dec. 31; 8:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.)
- Ring in the New Year with a decadent party on the Canal. Guests will be whisked away on the Lady Alderbrook to Union City Marketwhere they can enjoy delectable bites like local oysters, foie gras torchon, and confit goose tarts, and partygoers will be the first to sample the Blue Ox Blended Whiskey, which is privately distilled for Alderbrook by OOLA Distillery. Round out an evening of fun with drinks, music and dancing before a champagne toast during the midnight fireworks show seen aboard the Lady Alderbrook. Tickets are $155.75 for adults, which includes tax and gratuities, and can be purchased here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2714579
- New Year’s Eve Dinner (Dec. 31)
- Relax and enjoy a delicious five-course tasting menu, artfully designed by Alderbrook’s culinary team and featuring local sourced seafood and other ingredients. Guests will also be treated to live music while overlooking the beautiful Hood Canal from The Restaurant before the champagne toast and fireworks show at midnight. The tasting menu is $80 per person; reservations are recommended and can be made by calling The Restaurant at 360.898.5500.
- Selkie Splash (Jan. 1, 2017; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Get a refreshing start to the New Year at Alderbrook! Guests and local community members are invited to partake in a wintery plunge in the fresh waters of the Hood Canal, followed by a hearty (and warming) brunch.
- Mulled Wine Tasting (Every Thursday in December; 5 – 6 p.m.)
- As the weather cools, guests can warm up in the Lobby every Thursday with a spicy, flavorful drink of the season brewed using Alderbrook’s special Mulled Wine recipe.
- Cookies, Cocoa and Art (Every Friday in December; 5 – 6 p.m.)
- Hosted in the Lobby, join Alderbrook’s resident artist Rob Kamin for a Welcome Reception featuring a complimentary art class for all levels, plus house-made holiday cookies and delicious, rich hot cocoa.
Where: Alderbrook Resort & Spa, 10 E Alderbrook Drive, Union, WA 98592
When: November 26, 2016 – January 1, 2017
More: For more information on holiday activities and events at Alderbrook, please visit the resort’s event calendar or call 360.898.2200 and keep up with everything on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To make reservations at The Restaurant at Alderbrook, please call 360.898.5500.
Press Contact: Jennifer Rea, Duo PR for Alderbrook Resort & Spa | 206-456-3435 | email@example.com